Monday, October 1, 2012

For the barking dogs...

No, I am not talking about Moose and Maci. I am referring to our guest's feet. Dancing and standing on your feet all day can really begin to hurt after awhile. One of the best feelings is taking off uncomfortable shoes after being on your feet for a while. Do you agree? Just ask John Candy's character from the 1987 movie Planes, Trains, & Automobiles.



I have been there. My feet hurt so bad at one wedding that I had to take my shoes off and sit barefoot at the table. I couldn't dance because I had just bought new shoes and being the know-it-all that I am, I thought they would be comfortable shoes since you know I tried them on for all of 2 minutes (note to self: break all new shoes in before going to an event).

I did not want my guests to have to experience what I went through. I saw some ideas on Pinterest and new immediately that I had to have this at my wedding. Introducing: The Dancing Shoes Basket!

I love them all!
I knew as soon as I saw these that we were going to have it at our wedding. I immediately started scouring the web trying to find out when Old Navy was having their annual $1.00 flip flop sale. After all, I love a good bargain! Once the sale date was released, I rounded up my Mom and the Maids and we headed to Old Navy. We got in line about 13 different times. You were only allowed to purchase 5 pairs each time you checked out. I had decided to stick with just black and white flip flops since I figured that would match most people's outfits. We grabbed a bunch of different sizes but grabbed more of sizes 7 and 8 since we figured most ladies fall into that category. Plus, they are flip flops so if they are bit too big or small it's not that big of a deal. Better to be comfortable in my opinion!
After getting all of the flip flops home and separating them by size I tallied them up. The numbers were in! We had in total of 68 pairs of flip flops (I occasionally had to borrow a pair or two throughout the summer). We ended up with a surplus of size 8 (happens to be my size)!




I will talk about the baskets we are using and signage for soon. I am not that much of a DIY person so thank goodness for Etsy and craft stores like Joanne Fabrics and Michaels! Has anyone else seen the flip flop baskets at weddings? What were your thoughts? Were they a welcomed sight or did you make sure you wore comfortable shoes?

No comments:

Post a Comment