Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Welcome Bags!

We do not have that many out of town guests, about 20 in all but we still decided that we wanted to put together Welcome Bags for our guests. Although we are getting married relatively close to home, the hotel is still about 45 minutes to an hour away from most of our guest’s homes. Since The Desmond is a hotel, we are encouraging our guests to stay overnight and join us for brunch hosted by the Lemons the next morning. Take a look at some of these cute bags! We I had to have them!




 We went to Mr. Lemon's cousin Frank's wedding last September and this was the first time I had ever seen a Welcome Bag or Out of Town Bag (OOT Bag). I thought it was such a nice touch and it definitely came in handy! It was filled with two bottles of water, some snacks that were made locally in the area (Lancaster, PA), some headache medicine, an invitation inviting us for brunch the following morning and a wedding agenda. As soon as we got to the room, Mr. Lemon was shoving his face with some sort of moon pie. All I could hear was, "(plastic wrapping being ripped open) mmmOh mm My mmm chomp chomp this is chomp (licking fingers) delicious. You gotta try one!" Very nice Mr. Lemon. The water bottles came in handy the next morning after we were left feeling a bit dehydrated which alcohol tends to do to people (if ya catch my drift). At the time Mr. Lemon and I were not engaged yet but I filed the idea of Welcome Bags in the back of my head along with many other must have wedding ideas I had seen over the years.

Soon after we were engaged I pulled out my wedding ideas file in my head and started going through it. One of the first things I wanted to get were Welcome Bags. We decided to stick with a Philadelphia theme since it is where we are both from. No, we are not getting married in the City itself, but Philly is known for so many great snacks that it just seemed to be a perfect fit for our bags. I ordered 50 personalized navy blue bags.

My Mom emailed me this website of a company called Favors You Keep that had so many different personalized Welcome Bags. Take a look at some of their adorable bags:



I knew right away that I had to have these bags for our Wedding Welcome bags so I immediately ordered them. A week or so later look what came in the mail:


All Bags are  from Favors You Keep



Philadelphia Skyline
 What do you think of our Wedding Welcome Bags? I bought some pink, white and navy striped ribbon and silver tissue paper to make them look like the fancy bags the website had. I hope our guests love them as much as we do!

Our next decision is picking out what to put in the bags. Any suggestions?


No comments:

Post a Comment