Thursday, October 4, 2012

"Wedding Crap"

I am sure brides to be out there can attest to the mounds of stuff that piles up in throughout the wedding planning process. The title of my post is how Mr. Lemon refers to all of the wedding related items that have taken over our guest bedroom. I prefer to think of it as our amazing, cannot live without, and absolutely necessary in every way wedding stuff. Whereas Mr. Lemon likes to call it, "wedding crap." In the words of Stephanie Tanner, "How Rude!"



Warning: Mom, if you are reading this, now would be a good time to exit this post. I apologize in advance for the shock and horror you are about to see. I know this is not the daughter you raised but I cannot help it. I blame Etsy and Pinterest!

Our Guest Room aka The "Wedding Crap" Room

It's not that bad is it? Ok, yeah it's a little scary. Hey! I can't help it, I wanted to get an early start on the wedding planning process (told ya before I am impulsive) and I started shopping around. Any excuse to shop is a good excuse to me! I had ordered the welcome bags, bought enough flip flops for a small nation, and bought some crates to put them in. That's all...well not quite. I had also gotten an adorable basket from Goodwill that I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with it but I had to have it. I can't forget about the horribly hilarious photo booth props I scored at Goodwill. Mr. Lemon did not understand why we needed two green wigs and five clown hats. Hello?? Because they are awesome and they cost like $0.50! No brainer if ya ask me! Like I said, I am impulsive.

 Do you brides to be have wedding items taking over your house? If so, does your future spouse pick on you about it? What are you planning on doing with the items after the wedding?

3 comments:

  1. New follower from Weddingbee: your layout is adorable! And my wedding stuff is all at my parent's house, but yes, it's hardcore taking over our computer room: I try to keep it contained but it KEEPS SPREADING, even though I didn't even think I was buying that much!!

    Can't wait to keep following you and hear about your planning! :D

    P.S. You should add the "Follow with Google Friend Connect" widget to your blog so it's easier for people to follow you. I added you manually though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup we had the same issue with stuff taking over. We're getting married in one month, we got engaged in January, so we've had 10 months for stuff to pile up. Once you get close to the wedding, it does (should!) get better because you can consolidate stuff. If you have empty boxes lying around or can combine boxes, do that!! And if you can stack boxes to leave floor space, that's helpful too. But if your FI is complaining about the space issue maybe you guys can compromise? Or find another place to store stuff that's more out-of-sight (like in closets or under beds)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where's the updates?????

    ReplyDelete