Wednesday, December 24, 2014

50% chance in the next 4 months?

I went to the RE yesterday for my CD3 ultrasound, blood work, and for them to teach me how to use the injections. Everything looked good on the ultrasound and we are ready to start again.

The nurse showed me how to give myself the injection and it really wasn't bad. I have a killer headache today though and I am chalking it up to the Gonal F. I have to give myself another shot this evening and again tomorrow night. So tonight for Christmas Eve dinner I am bringing the buffalo chicken dip, the spinach dip, some wine, and my Gonal F shot that needs to be put in my sister in law's refrigerator. Definitely something I never thought I would be doing. I will have to slip away for a little and go give myself the shot. Same thing on Christmas day.

Then on Friday, the 26th, I have to go back for a check to make sure the dose is good and doesn't need to be downgraded or upgraded. The only appointment they had was for 7:30 AM. So that's fun! Merry Christmas! Here are some needles and you get to get up bright and early the day after Christmas and drive in so we can probe you some more.

I kid though and deep down, I am very excited about it. So I spoke to the RE for about 2 minutes. He said to me, "let's try to get you pregnant already!" I was like "ummm yeah that is the point!" I can't believe it will be a year in March since we first started going to the RE's office. So he was very excited that we were starting injectables this cycle. Then he said something that I wasn't sure how to take...

"I give you a 50% chance of getting pregnant in the next 4 months"

Is that good or bad? I have no idea what to think about that statement. I don't know if I should be excited or sad. So I was left a little confused...that's different :) 


Last night we celebrated my Mom-Mom's 84th Birthday! She has been in and out of hospitals and rehabs for a year and a half now. At one point she was even on hospice and they told us to prepare ourselves for the end. But Mom Mom Doris had other plans. She said she was not ready to die. So she decided not to die and started fighting. She is probably the strongest person I know. She refuses to give up even when everyone is telling her she should. She doesn't care what anyone else thinks. She does it her way. She will be coming home soon and she is thrilled about it.  Happy 84th Birthday Mom-Mom and many many more! 

My Mom, Mom-Mom, My sister Jenn, and Myself - Mom Mom & Her Girls 

Happy 84th Birthday Mom Mom! I love you! 



No comments:

Post a Comment