Monday, December 22, 2014

CD 2....On to Injectables

So it is definitely over. I can say that without a doubt in my mind. IUI#4 did  not work. I will not get my Christmas wish this year. I am surprisingly handling it really well. Who knows how I will be feeling Christmas Day but for now, I have accepted it and moved on.

Part of the reason I am handling it so well might be the fact that we are moving on to injectables next cycle. What does this mean? Well, I am not totally sure myself but I know that I will basically be giving myself shots everyday for like 2 weeks. And when I say "I will be giving myself shots" I really mean Tom will be giving me shots because there is no way in hell I am sticking a huge ass needle into my thigh muscle.

Seriously though...the needle is HUGE! Not joking...


see?!?! Told YA!
So the meds arrived on my doorstep on Saturday afternoon and were packed on dry ice. I was prescribed Gonal F and Novrel. Some of the medication needs to be refrigerated while some of it doesn't. It came with gauze, alcohol swabs, shit ton of needles, and a disposable waste bin which really freaks me out. I have absolutely no idea what I am doing. I started to read the booklet and it said that the one medication needs to be stuck into my thigh and needs to get into the muscle. So that's pretty deep. That should be fun.

I will be calling my RE today to inform them of my exciting CD2 news. I am sure I will have to go in tomorrow morning and hopefully get a crash course on injections.

I also read that the chance of multiples is 30%. That's a little scary. I mean, I would be all about twins but anything more then that sounds a bit daunting. But I am getting ahead of myself...I can't even get one baby yet..so let's just try working on one for now Katie.

On a side note, today is the day we are presenting the family in need I wrote about two weeks ago with all of their stuff and donations. It has been an eye opening experience. I am honestly floored by people's generosity. There is still so much good that exists in this world. I cannot wait to see the look on this family's face when we present them with their items. I may not be getting my Christmas wish this year but I think I am helping grant someone else's their Christmas wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment