Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Update: IUI 4

After my mid-cycle check on CD15, I went back 2 days later on Friday, 12/5/14. My eggs were bigger. I still had two. That's a good sign. Here are my two little eggies:



Aren't they precious???

I was told to come back the following day and we would do the IUI. So bright and early on a rainy Saturday morning, Tom and I trucked into the Fertility Clinic. Tom had his goods in hand. He still thinks it is so weird but I don't think anything of it anymore. The IUI was scheduled for 9:30. We were both in good spirits and I brought my fuzziest socks I own. I heard this theory - warm feet = warm uterus?? Not sure how true it is but hey why not? Plus it is an excuse to wear my fun cat with glasses fuzzy socks!

So we got there and waited and waited some more. It was fine though. It was a Saturday and understood that they were running behind. We entertained ourselves. They finally called me back. I immediately saw an ultrasound tech that was friends with my Sister in Law. I knew she worked there but had never seen her in the 9 months that I had been going to the RE. She gave me a big hug and she was going to check to see if I had ovulated. I already felt like it was a good sign that she was there.

I went and got probed. Good news - both eggs released on their own! They washed the sperm and were getting it ready to insert it all up into my junk. So romantic. They came in and gave us Tom's sperm numbers. He is always so excited to hear if he beat last times numbers. I can't remember what the exact numbers were but the Dr said they were above normal which was good to hear. Our Dr. was not on this weekend so we had the other Dr. I never had him for anything before but he was nice. The two follicles were on my right ovary so he said he was going to aim towards the right.

After it was done and the worst part was over, I just laid on the table for 10 minutes. While we were waiting, we decided that we would take a trip into the City and get some shopping done. As we were walking to the parking Toms phone rang. It was his work. He was on call. He had to go in. Bummer. I decided just to take the ride with him into work. The weather was crappy so we decided to bag the shopping trip and just grabbed something to eat after he was done at work.

Here is a pic of me on the way to his job site. I wanted to keep my feet warm and elevated. Tom thought I was ridiculous but I figured every little bit helps right?


So we went and had breakfast and came home and decorated the inside of our house for Christmas. Later that night we went to the Mall and did some minor shopping. I was a bit crampy and tired but nothing out of the ordinary. It also didn't help that we are fostering a 6 week old puppy that literally has to pee every 10 minutes. She is adorable though :) We called her Piper. She was adopted yesterday by her forever family and they named her Lucy.




She was so much fun to have but honestly, I am glad to have my normal routine with my house trained dogs! But we do love helping out the SPCA and fostering. This was our 5th foster puppy. 



So today is 4DPIUI. I don't feel any differently. I feel cramps here and there but I am not sure if that's gas or just a normal part of being a human. I have been crazy busy which is a good thing because it hasn't really allowed me to focus on the IUI. I will probably start testing this weekend because I am a freak and won't be able to stop myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment