Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Lucky Number 4????

So after three failed IUI cycles, I am rapidly approaching the day we will do our 4th IUI cycle and it will be our 5th Clomid cycle.

Last time, I was so sure it was going to work. I had 4 beautiful follicles. The numbers were all in our favor. So when it didn't work, I was devastated. Completely heartbroken. This time was worse then any other time just because I was so sure it would work. But it didn't and that sucks.

So today is CD15. I had my mid-cycle check this morning. I have 2 follicles this time. In the past hearing that I had two follicles would have made me upset but considering last time I had 4 and it didn't work, I don't think it really matters how many. All you need is 1 egg and 1 sperm.

They took bloodwork and are thinking I will ovulate in the next 2 days. I go back Friday for another check and will most likely be doing IUI #4 on Saturday.
Yay...another $460!! I honestly do not know how we are making it work with the finances. My parents helped pay for one IUI cycle and that was so generous of them. They help us out so much.
With the cost of co-pays, the medication, and then the procedures themselves, it really adds up.

This time of year is especially difficult due to the holidays. I keep wondering if this one will work. I am so excited and scared all at the same time. My test day will most likely be Dec 20. Five days before Christmas.

I feel like this time will make or break my Christmas and that sucks. If it works and is positive, it will be the best Christmas ever but if it doesn't work, I know I will be so devastated and really do not want it to ruin the holidays.

If this time doesn't work, we will move on to IUI with injectables next cycle. I already got the quote and luckily it is covered and we will only need to pay $40 out of pocket for the needles! Then I get to stick myself with them everyday! Doesn't that sound fantastic?

I hope there is no next time. I hope that IUI#4 is the lucky cycle for us. I hope we get our Christmas miracle!



No comments:

Post a Comment