Friday, September 21, 2012

Cloud Nine

I was on Cloud Nine for the remainder of the night and pretty much the next month or so.

After Mr. Lemon had proposed and the family had settled down, the phone calls started rolling in. Apparently Mr. Lemon's sisters Kelly & Stacey knew that he was going to propose that day and had been anxiously awaiting the phone call to hear that I said YES! My phone started ringing non-stop. I missed the first call from Stacey but she left me a voicemail that to this day I still have saved on my phone. I listen to it every once in a while and it brings me back to that night. I spoke to my future in-laws who were the only ones that were in the dark about the proposal like me. Apparently Mr. Lemon had asked my Dad for permission to marry me that morning. My Dad said something funny like "are you sure you want to do that?" and then followed it up with sincere yes.


Some of my first thoughts after getting engaged were

- OMG! Holy crap balls! It finally happened!
- I need to lose weight ASAP!
- I want to start planning right away!
- Is this really happening?
- I am sweating!
- I  hope my ring fits
- My fingers look fat
- OMG! Is this real?
- I am sweating!
- I am so happy, but also very sweaty!

True story. All of those thoughts happened in about a one minute interval and in that exact order over and over again for about ten minutes. I am sure many people can relate, it is a whirlwind of emotions and a very exciting time.

Now, let's talk about the ring shall we! Since Mr. Lemon and I had a home together, and bills, and two labs, I wasn't expecting the hope diamond. I told him at one point I would be happy with a Cracker Jack Box ring or a Ring Pop, I just wanted to be engaged darn it!





pretty!



So after I had some time to calm down and actually look at the ring that was now on my left hand, I fell in love with it! It felt a little bit tight but that may have had to do with the fact that I was sweating profusely. Did I mention that I was sweating? So I think my fingers were a little swollen and the ring felt a little bit tight but it did not matter to me. It was mine and I was in love with it.


Isn't she gorg?



No comments:

Post a Comment