Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Every Woman's Worst Enemy...

THE SCALE! eeeeekkkk!!

Ok, so maybe it is not everywoman’s worst enemy but I sure know a lot of chicks that do not dig the scale. Myself included. I am taking a break from writing about proposals, venues, and dates to focus on the nitty gritty side of wedding planning: Losing Weight. Looking your best on your wedding day is every bride's dream.I have always struggled with weight my entire life.

Back to the whole scale thing. Yeah, it is annoying but it is reality. We all strive to look our best and majority of women I know are always complaining about some body issue. Whether it is that their hair is curly, their arms are jiggly, they have chicken necks, or like me, their thighs rub together and they get major chub rub. It is the worst. (Hint: try rubbing deodorant on your thighs. It helps - if that doesn't work just stick to Capri’s and pants!) Sorry, that's all I got!

So after getting engaged and setting the date, I knew I needed to lose some weight. I had all of the motivation in the world so why was I still eating butterfingers at work all day? Seriously, my work has baskets of candy all over the place. And it's good candy. We're talking Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Kit Kats, Nuggets...amaze! Chocolate is my weakness...along with shopping. Thanks Mom-Mom Doris!

one of the candy baskets at work


I guess my advice would be, don't fear the scale. Own it. Get on it and get your reality check. Ok, so you aren't what you want to weigh at this point in time, but you know what? Hiding from the scale and avoiding it are not going to get you anywhere either.


No comments:

Post a Comment