Thursday, September 20, 2012

FINALLY!

Ok, so after my not so thrilling Christmas morning, we packed up Jilly and headed to my parents house. Now, don't get me wrong, I am very grateful for the wonderful gifts that Mr. Lemon got me. I was however, expecting something that had a little sparkle to it...ah-hem like a ring!

So after we went to my parents and surprised my Mom with her Christmas Beagle it was time to open presents with my family. My Mom was caught totally off guard and was SO surprised which is an almost impossible task!

My Mom after she opened the door to find a puppy in the powder room!




After we exchanged gifts with my Parents and Sister, my Uncle and Mom-Mom Doris arrived for Christmas dinner. We had a wonderful dinner (as always thanks to my amazing Mom) and we all settled into the family room to relax and watch A Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation.

The Kelly Family Christmas Tree
The running joke in the family is that the tree looks EXACTLY the same each year thanks to my Dad and his expert decorating skills!

Uncle Paul and Mom-Mom Doris 
This time she has chocolate covered pretzels!




 I got up and walked to the kitchen to get some water at my parent's water cooler. When I turned around, Mr. Lemon was down on one knee with a box in his hand. My first words to him were, "What are you doing??!?" He then asked me to marry him in his ever so shy way. He is a man of few words whereas, I am a person that cannot shut up (as if you can't tell already) so we compliment each other nicely. After he asked me to marry him, I got nervous and heard someone coming so I grabbed Mr. Lemon into the stairwell and said, "SH! Someone is coming!" as if we were 12 years old and were going to get in trouble. My Mom came into the kitchen and then Ali and my sister Jenn came in and I started hysterically laughing. I never imagined I, the person who cries at State Farm commercials and every show on TLC. Literally, ask anyone who knows me, I cry at the drop of the hat. I fully expected that in this moment, I would be hysterically crying, not laughing!

Apparently EVERYONE knew that the proposal was coming that night, they just thought Mr. Lemon was going to do it in front of them. Well I guess nerves got the best of him and he decided the water cooler in the kitchen was a better spot. Can you blame him??

I will leave you with some pictures of one of the greatest nights of my life! I was going to get to marry Mr. Lemon!

All I can say is............................


FINALLY!!!! 

Me and Mr. Lemon right after he popped the question!

My Dad being funny. He 100% approves of Mr. Lemon

My BFF Ali who lied so she could be there for the proposal! So happy she could share it with me!

My little sister Jenn and future MOH!
Notice the water cooler behind her!





No comments:

Post a Comment