Wednesday, September 19, 2012

"In Da Club"




Let's go back shall we? All the way back to April 2003 when the number one song was "In Da Club" by 50 Cent (a classic for sure!) I can totally see my future grandchildren listening to it around the fire at the holidays...

So April 2003...I was finishing up my junior year at my all-girl Catholic High School in the suburbs of Philadelphia. I had just lost 40 lbs and for the first time in a long time, I was feeling pretty good about myself. I was surrounded by a great group of friends and was actively involved in school clubs and sports. It was time to start thinking about the future and which colleges I should to apply to but all I could think about was the weekends, boys, and getting my license. Needless to say, I was your typical 17 year old girl.

One day I was at the local mall with my girlfriends and we were totally cool because we drove ourselves this time (oh yea!), in our one of our parents cars of course (oh well, no one had to know that!)

ANYWHO...

We were leaving the Mall after we had grabbed the seventeen year old necessities..things like glittery thongs, shirts that had no backs except for a piece of string, and low rise jeans so the rest of the world would see our glittery thongs and butt cracks. So attrative.





I would like to take this time to interject this blog for a brief message:

Ladies of the world...please pull up your pants! No one wants to see your butt crack. I promise you, it is not attractive! Do yourselves and everyone else in the world for that matter a favor. Buy the correct size jeans or get a belt. Can't you feel a chill back there? I don't get it?

Thank you in advance for your time and attention to this matter.

That is all. Now where was I?

Oh right...

We met some boys and they invited us to their party they were having this coming weekend. Being that they were from a different town, and they were pretty cute, we were thrilled! All we could talk about that week was the party we got invited to!


When the weekend arrived, we headed over to the party. is where I met Mr. Lemon. And when I say met, I mean saw. We didn't actually exchange words or introduce ourselves, we just sort of crossed paths at one point and that was that. The following weekend we headed over to "Lemons" house. He was having people over to hang out in his basement. At one point I needed to go to the bathroom and as I got up and walked away, apparently I didn't pull up my low rise jeans high enough because my bright neon green glittery thong was hanging out and "Lemon" had asked someone, "Hey who is the girl in the green thong?" REAL NICE Mr. Lemon! Anyways, we exchanged numbers that night and spit. Wait what? Did I say that? Yes, I totally did. We kissed! Later on, "Lemon" asked me to go to his senior prom with him after I talked him out of not going since it was his senior prom. You can't NOT go to your senior prom! I of course said yes and was completely smitten!

That my friends is where it all began, so no, it wasn't In Da Club, it was In Da Basement but hey potata-potato right?

Right!

No comments:

Post a Comment