Friday, September 28, 2012

Dressing the Maids...AGAIN!

After we had decided on the Maids dresses and color, I found myself thinking about it more and more. The decision would keep me awake at night. I found myself on the computer pulling up the two pictures that I had taken of the girls in their dresses on a daily basis. I was starting to not like them more and more every time I looked at them. Now first let me explain that I am a horrible decision maker. I am a compulsive shopper and will buy something on a whim (i.e., a puppy) without thinking it through. Luckily the puppy situation worked out, but not everything I have bought compulsively has worked out. Take my red sectional couch that is sitting untouched in our basement that has yet to be finished. I had to have a red couch and I had to go and get it ASAP even though Mr. Lemon thought we should wait until the room was finished to buy it. Why ever would we wait? That would just be smart ludicrous!

I finally mentioned something to BFF Ali to feel her out on it. ITurns out, BFF Ali agreed with me but didn't want to say anything to hurt my feelings! She said she liked the dresses we picked but she didn't love them. She felt we should still look around some more. I was so relieved! The other Maids agreed, they said the dresses were adorable but they thought we should keep looking to find the perfect dress.

Back to the drawing board!

We decided to go to another bridal shop. I tried to make an appointment but turns out the dress shop doesn't make appointments. They work on a first come first serve basis. I had never heard of this before but decided it was still worth going to. We went to Irma's Bridal in Cherry Hill, NJ on a Saturday. BFF Ali and Maid Stacey were routing through the racks and came across this gorgeous dress. Being the 'ballsy' girl that BFF Ali is, she shoved Stacey into an unoccupied fitting room and made her try it on. It wasn't our turn yet but it was taking forever! This whole no appointment thing did not seem to be working out for anyone. So we Ali just took matters into her own hands and started the consultation for us! When I peeked into the fitting room, I couldn't believe it but I absolutely loved the dress! I loved the dress! This was the dress. Wait, but this dress isn't purple/eggplant/plum, this dress is a dark navy blue. That's right people, I changed the dress and now I decided to change the color. Once Stacey had the dress on, I couldn't imagine it being in any other color. It was stunning. Purple/Eggplant/Plum isn't that much different than Navy is it?

Without further ado, here is the bridesmaid dress (I promise this time!):
 

Bill Levkoff - Style 124 in Euro Navy
Isn't she magnificent? I can't stop looking at her. Classy, traditional, with a modern twist. I can't wait to see my beautiful ladies strutting down the runway aisle in this dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment