Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Dressing the Maids

Now that you have all met my 5 wonderful bridesmaids, it is time to discuss one of the best (or worst) parts of being a bridesmaid...the dress!

After we had decided on a date and a venue, I immediately started to think about all the details. The number question I got asked was, "What color are your bridesmaid dresses?" Initially I thought I wanted a dark plum/eggplant color dress. I figured that purple is flattering on everyone and it is dark enough to almost be black and everyone likes black! Here are some dresses that I had in mind:





The bridesmaids were so excited about going dress shopping. I was getting emails and text of different dresses daily. Finally, we all couldn't take it anymore and we decided to go dress shopping on night after work. We went to Bijou Bridals in Ardmore, PA. The girls immediately spread out all over the store pulling dresses of the racks asking "do you like this one?" and "what about this one?" and "I like this style." We pulled a bunch of dresses and we sat back and watched as the ladies tried them on. We found one we liked but we thought it was a bit overpriced ($220). We decided that we would keep looking.

For our second bridesmaid dress shopping trip, I made sure all of the ladies could be there. We made an appointment on a Saturday in February at David's Bridal in Springfield, PA. My Mom and future MIL Mrs. Lemon even joined us. After pulling some dresses, the ladies put on a show for us. Majority of the time, our faces would give away how we felt about a particular dress. We finally narrowed it down to two dresses and then quickly ruled out one because we felt it wouldn't flatter everyone's figure. I also really had my heart set on a satin bridesmaid dress and this wasn't it. Although it did look beautiful on, we decided it wasn't *the one*.

David's Bridal Lapis (Style F14010) in Plum
The winning dress was one that all of the ladies were able to try on. They all looked great in it. I liked it because it wasn't strapless. When I was in a previous wedding I hated wearing a strapless dress because I have a larger chest and I felt like I was constantly tugging and pulling the dress up all night. I did not want my ladies to have to go through with that. So here was the dress that we all decided was the one (except it would be in David Bridal's Plum color).


David's Bridal (Style F14430)

Here are some pictures of my ladies in the dresses! They did not have the plum dress in the store but they did have enough dresses for each lady to try on!





Yay! We had made a decision! After we finished up at David's Bridal we headed to Panera for some lunch. We had a wonderful time and lunch and BFF Ali had us all cracking up by telling some her Match.com horror date stories. What a great day!

We had an awesome lunch and finally settled on a bridesmaid dress and a color...or did we????



No comments:

Post a Comment