Wednesday, September 19, 2012

What's in a name?

What's in a name??

Letters? Small joke!


 So as you can clearly see, the title of my blog is called Lemons and Labs. I think you deserve an explanation of where the name comes from. My future husband's last name is Lemon, yes just like the yellow, oval shaped, sour fruit.  When I first met him, all of his friends referred to him as, go figure, Lemon. I just went with it and never thought twice about it until a few weeks later when I actually asked him where the nickname came from, never expecting it to be his last name! I was shocked when he told me it was his last name, I said, "Seriously??? Like the fruit??!" Almost ten years later, Mr. Lemon and I are getting married and I am preparing to change my last name to Lemon.  I fully expect to give the explanation, "Yes, just like the fruit!" The name grows on you I swear!

 The second part of my blog name is pretty self explanatory, at least I think so but I will explain it nevertheless. Labs, as in Labrador Retrievers! Mr. Lemon and I have two adorable Labs, Moose our chocolate teddy bear who is just like his name describes, a huge Moose and our little yellow babygirl Maci who is just like her Momma (ME!) in that her favorite things in life are treats and snoozin', snoozin' and treats (Marcel the Shell anyone??).


For the past two years, my life has been mainly all about  Lemons and our Labs therefore, a perfect name for my blog! This blog will be about my life, Lemons and Labs but it will mainly focus on the biggest thing that is happening in our lives right now which is....

OUR WEDDING!!!

 OMG! I know, I know, I can hardly contain my excitment as well! So, welcome to my life! Sit back, grab a piece of fruit or a doggy (cats will do also) and enjoy!





Introducing the Lemons and Labs!

No comments:

Post a Comment